Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by kevin giroux <gi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 14:09:37 UTC

Embedded Mode for interpreter

Hello,

I would like some information about the binding of each interpreter. I read
the documentation,
http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/interpreters.html#interpreter-binding-mode
<https://webmail.one.grp/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=ciA3Yte_cWFh3_hvboFd8T4RBahq4L80puhP8B8xNtLkkz1clgzUCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AegBlAHAAcABlAGwAaQBuAC4AYQBwAGEAYwBoAGUALgBvAHIAZwAvAGQAbwBjAHMALwBsAGEAdABlAHMAdAAvAG0AYQBuAHUAYQBsAC8AaQBuAHQAZQByAHAAcgBlAHQAZQByAHMALgBoAHQAbQBsACMAaQBuAHQAZQByAHAAcgBlAHQAZQByAC0AYgBpAG4AZABpAG4AZwAtAG0AbwBkAGUA&URL=http%3a%2f%2fzeppelin.apache.org%2fdocs%2flatest%2fmanual%2finterpreters.html%23interpreter-binding-mode>,
but i would like to know if there is a "embedded mode" in progress.
This mode will work :
 -> This mode will allow to run the interpreter in the same JVM that
Zeppelin run.
For the moment, each interpreter (that need a JVM), run on a different JVM.
-> If will be powerfull, if we can reduce the number of JVM for example
Zeppelin and 1 Interpreter. (that allow users to run Zeppelin on very smart
device that doesn't have a lot of memory)

What do you think about this ?

Sincerely in advance for the future reply,
Kevin Giroux

--
Kévin Giroux

Re: Embedded Mode for interpreter

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
It was selectable option in the before, but Zeppelin community discussed
and decided to hide that option while it requires user's understanding how
zeppelin works internally. We wanted keep option really simple.

But since then, many other option as been added, and now interpreter option
is not easy to understand as a user IMO.

Once https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1698 is implemented, i
think we can think about bringing more interpreter option with minimum
complexity of usage.

Thanks,
moon

Posted by kevin giroux <gi...@gmail.com>.