Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Franck Arnulfo <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/29 00:21:33 UTC

Question about tests in tomcat/trunk not backported to tomcat 6 and 7 trunk

Hi,

We've been bitten by bug 49598 in tomcat 6.0.28 and we were happy when
the 6.0.29 was released.
After the 6.0.29 release, I tried to find the JUnit test case for this
bug in the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/ but
it was only in the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache/catalina/connector/TestResponse.java).
Is there a reason why ? I was thinking that it will be usefull to also
have tests backported in tomcat/tc(6|7).0.x .

Regards,
Franck

Re: Question about tests in tomcat/trunk not backported to tomcat 6 and 7 trunk

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 28/07/2010 23:21, Franck Arnulfo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been bitten by bug 49598 in tomcat 6.0.28 and we were happy when
> the 6.0.29 was released.
> After the 6.0.29 release, I tried to find the JUnit test case for this
> bug in the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/ but
> it was only in the http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache/catalina/connector/TestResponse.java).
> Is there a reason why ? I was thinking that it will be usefull to also
> have tests backported in tomcat/tc(6|7).0.x .

Currently, trunk is 7.0.x/trunk. That will change once 7.0.x becomes stable.

6.0.x/trunk doesn't have the necessary support classes and can't without
API changes which would rightly be vetoed.

Mark