Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/04/09 12:08:22 UTC

Code freeze

Hi guys,

if we consider that trunk is frozen, then we may have to create a
branch for the frozen code base, otherwise we will see commits going
into trunk (I saw two of them this morning).

Thanks !

PS: no, I can't do it, as I barely have mail access at this point :)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Code freeze

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> if we consider that trunk is frozen, then we may have to create a
>>> branch for the frozen code base, otherwise we will see commits going
>>> into trunk (I saw two of them this morning).
>
> They were mine, addressing PMD report.
> My mistake, should have waited for the final decision. Sorry about that :-(
>

>> if the vote passes, let's just do the release from the revision when
>> to vote was started. And next time, let's branch before building the
>> binaries for the vote.
>>
>> /niklas

Don't worry, Ashish. Niklas is right. We should have freeze the code
_before_ the vote. My bad.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com