Posted to user@struts.apache.org by naveen k <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 12:10:28 UTC

Java Script in JSP pages

Hi,

    I am in a development of struts web application.
  I need to use java script in a jsp page. but i could not do that.
 cant we use java script in jsp pages?
If possible how would i do that?

Naveen

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by nuwan chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

yes, you can, what is the issue you are facing?

just add the <script> </script> tag inside your page and write your
javascript code there and just use them in your page.

Thanks,

Nuwan

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello anyone please help me out of this problem.

Naveen

[OT] Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- naveen k <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to use this Firebug for these jsp pages to track my problem?
> In what way it can help me?
> Please dont think i am boring u my friend.

The issue isn't that you're boring anybody, it's that you're using the
struts-user list to ask JavaScript questions which aren't even related to the
JavaScript distributed by Struts.

That you got any replies is an indication of how helpful the people here are
even when the question is wildly off-topic.

A tutorial on Firebug and JavaScript is a bit beyond the scope of the
newsgroup.

I'd try a couple of different approaches. First I'd do a sanity-check to see
if I can load the JavaScript directly from the URL bar. My guess is that you
won't be able to because you're not properly rewriting the URL of the
JavaScript in the JSP page, but that depends on how you've configured your
web application. I'd also check to see if the JavaScript is even being loaded
in your JSP page, which is closely tied to the first issue.

d.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.
thanks for ur reply.
But i need to use calendarDateInput.js in my code.
how can i call it from my Jsp if i remove src attribute from the script tag?

Naveen

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by Pablo Vázquez Blázquez <pv...@denodo.com>.
try

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dojo uses registerModulePath to associate the package with the folder e.g.
> <script>
> dojo.registerModulePath("foo", "tests/_base/_loader/744/foo");
> dojo.require("foo.bar");
>
> will properly locate packagename.javascript file you were looking for

Dojo? He's using http://calendar.moonscript.com/dateinput.cfm, AFAICT.

d.

> M-

=== message truncated ===

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

> and hit enter.. if popup download window appear with that js file it means
> the problem is elsewhere not in jsp-struts.

color="black">Master</font></p>

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/1/24, naveen k <na...@gmail.com>:

> sorry friend this was also not working.

Why don't you contact Jason's calendar developers then?
Stop this thread, it's off-topic here.

Antonio

Re: Java Script in JSP pages

Posted by naveen k <na...@gmail.com>.