Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Keith Murphy <ed...@osdbzine.net> on 2009/11/19 04:40:31 UTC

Nov/Dec 2009 Open Source Database Magazine Released!

Exciting news!

The next issue of Open Source Database Magazine (http://www.osdbzine.net)
is now available. This information-packed issue has over 60 pages of
information including:

* Firebird’s Road Trip and What’s New with 2.5
* Coding Corner: Trees – Where’s the Performance?
* PostgreSQL’s tsvector: Secret Sauce for Search Engines
* The Lab: The XtraBackup Program for MySQL – Part Two
* Drizzle – A Lightweight Database for the Web
* Kontrollbase: Enterprise grade MySQL monitoring and analytics
* Creating a Twitter Mashup with MongoDB
* Introducing LucidDB

Plus the usual news and views. All of this for $4.95.  It is simply the
biggest and the best issue we have ever released. Ready to sign up? Head
over http://www.osdbzine.net/signup.html to register and then you can
download the new issue. Curious as to what this is all about? I just
posted an online addendum to the Drizzle article in our free content
section (http://www.osdbzine.net/free.html) that will give you a taste of
what you can expect.

Thanks to the contributors. You all did a great job and I appreciate it!

Sorry the website isn’t currently as polished as the magazine. While it
doesn’t look pretty, it is functioning. And now that the magazine is out I
can turn my attention to it again.  If you experience any problems let me
know at editor AT osdbzine.net.

thanks,

keith

--
Editor
editor@osdbzine.net

Re: Nov/Dec 2009 Open Source Database Magazine Released!

Posted by Keith Murphy <ed...@osdbzine.net>.
I would welcome articles on couchdb.

At this point I haven't had anyone write one - if I recall correctly, I
haven't had anyone propose one. I am somewhat suprised about that. But,
hopefully, there will be a call for articles soon and someone in the
couchdb community can submit an article.

keith

--
Editor

Posted by Paul Joseph Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On 19 Nov 2009, at 03:40, Keith Murphy wrote:

> * Firebird’s Road Trip and What’s New with 2.5
> * Coding Corner: Trees – Where’s the Performance?
> * PostgreSQL’s tsvector: Secret Sauce for Search Engines
> * The Lab: The XtraBackup Program for MySQL – Part Two
> * Drizzle – A Lightweight Database for the Web
> * Kontrollbase: Enterprise grade MySQL monitoring and analytics
> * Creating a Twitter Mashup with MongoDB
> * Introducing LucidDB

No mention of CouchDB?