Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ryan Hendrickson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/01 16:36:16 UTC

Nightly Builds of Nars/NiFi

Hi all,
   I'd like to make the recommendation/discussion topic that nightly builds
of the nar's files (and/or NiFi) are created.  Sometimes I need a fix
sooner than the next 1.x version coming out.  I don't mind building master
to get the latest, but it would be a lot more convenient to just download
the latest nar from master.

Ryan

Re: Nightly Builds of Nars/NiFi

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Ryan,

I’d suggest you look at using Jenkins or some other CI tool to schedule a nightly build of the processors you need. If the core framework changes aren’t what you are concerned with, this could be a simple solution. Just checkout the git repository, build the processor modules, and copy the resulting *ARs into a staging directory so your instances can pull from them.

Unfortunately, I do not thing this is a task that the official Apache project can undertake at this time.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

Posted by Ryan Hendrickson <ry...@gmail.com>.