Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by "Langley, John" <la...@telcordia.com> on 2006/06/01 17:41:54 UTC

FW: support on WebLogic and WebSphere?

This is a cross post from the tuscany-user mailing list... where it
seemed to get no answer. I suspect the developers here would know "off
the top of their heads" about the practicality of running Tuscany M1
release in either Weblogic 9.x or WebSphere 6.x

Another interesting digression would be a brief comparison of how SCA is
supported today in WebSphere with what Tuscany is providing.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I missed these factoids somewhere else.

Langley

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
WebSphere 6.1 runs with JDK 5.

Raymond

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
There may be an issue with JDK versions - Tuscany M1 pre-reqs Java 5 whereas
Websphere 6.x runs on Java 1.4. There may well be ways to get around this,
and I'm not sure what version Weblogic runs on, but it may be a stumbling
block. If anyone wants to try it out and let us know that would be really
useful info.

Cheers
Andrew

On 6/1/06, Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Tuscany M1 should be able to run in any Servlet container.  We have
> done a deep integration with Tomcat for an out-of-the-box experience.
> Moving forward, we plan to support additional platforms. If you
> really want to deploy to WebLogic or Websphere, the easiest mechanism
> would be to use Servlet filters. The tricky part is going to be
> placing third-party jars such as Axis in the right classloader. If
> you are interested in this, I could provide help to you on WebLogic
> or general J2EE things (others I am sure can help out on specific
> Websphere issues).
>
> Barring that, at some point we'll also provide easier deployment on
> Websphere and WebLogic in the future.
>
> Jim
>

> On Jun 1, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Langley, John wrote:
>

> > This is a cross post from the tuscany-user mailing list... where it
> > seemed to get no answer. I suspect the developers here would know "off
> > the top of their heads" about the practicality of running Tuscany M1
> > release in either Weblogic 9.x or WebSphere 6.x
> >
> > Another interesting digression would be a brief comparison of how
> > SCA is
> > supported today in WebSphere with what Tuscany is providing.
> >
> > Thanks in advance, sorry if I missed these factoids somewhere else.
> >
> > Langley

Cheers,

Andrew Borley

Re: support on WebLogic and WebSphere?

Posted by Daniel Murphy <d_...@uk.ibm.com>.
There is one thing that you should be aware of... WAS already includes SDO
v1 and an earlier version of EMF (WAS actually uses EMF for it's admin
config models), this does mean that you may have some classpath issues.
Some of them can be solved by using the application classpath loading so
that parent classloaders are checked second. I'm currently having a bash at
this and depending on the outcome I may have some more news early next
week...
Dan

             Jim Marino
             <jmarino@myromato
             urs.com>                                                   To
                                       tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
             01/06/06 11:14 PM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: support on WebLogic and
             tuscany-dev@ws.ap         WebSphere?
                 ache.org

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi John,