Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@edgility.com> on 2001/12/20 18:15:45 UTC

Configure client to pass method call without embedded newlines?

Hi,

I'm trying to use an Apache SOAP 2.2 client to
call a GLUE 2.0 Standard server, and I'm having
a problem which appears to be related to the Apache
SOAP client library performing "pretty-printing" of
my message XML.

My server has the method:

  public void setupDB()

That is, the method takes no arguments.

When I call this method from my SOAP 2.2 client,
the XML I get is:

<ns1:setupDB xmlns:ns1='...' SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='...'>
</ns1:setupDB>

Note that the </ns1:setupDB> element-end-tag is on
a new line.

This causes the GLUE server to fail; it does not accept
this message.

Using a hand-coded HTTP client, I have verified that the
GLUE server accepts the call if I remove the new line and
place the end-tag immediately following the start tag, thus:

<ns1:setupDB xmlns:ns1='...' SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='...'></ns1:setupDB>

My question is: how can I configure the Apache SOAP client
library to do this for me? How can I persuade it to NOT
"pretty-print" the XML for me?

thanks,

bryan