Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "mail.laconiadatasystems.com" <we...@laconiadatasystems.com> on 2004/08/09 01:23:06 UTC

possible copy with fileset bug

Hello:

I ask assistance in a scenario which is driving me bananas

Aforeach iterates through antcalls to a target
Given All properties for one iteration are identical to 2nd iteration
properties
Within the task a copy operation is used to create a new file from the
variables to
place in the (target) todir
1st iteration works
2nd iteration never works
I have echoed all the properties and they are populated in both iterations
the iterator used is called 'number' which does properly increment from 1 to
2

Are there any outstanding bugs on the use of copy within antcall to target
within foreach ?
Any outstanding bugs on the use of copy to create a file with antcall
with filtersets ?

Many Thanks,
Martin

Re: possible copy with fileset bug

Posted by "mail.laconiadatasystems.com" <we...@laconiadatasystems.com>.
Conor-
How does it not work - i.e. what is the error or what indicates that it does
not work?
MG>It is a series of mkdirs with a copy operation the first mkdir and copy
works
MG>the second series of mkdir with copy operation doesnt work
 What operations do you do on the file after copying it -
MG>No operations after mkdir and copy
> i.e. could it be locked?
MG>Locked? who would put a lock on it Ant copy puts a lock?
What operating system?
MG>Win2000
thanks,
martin