Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Stefan Schuster <ss...@pironet-ndh.com> on 2005/11/22 16:33:07 UTC

Re: What does next Exception mean, now another question: DB already in use?

Hi,

thank you, this helped a lot. Which brings me to the real problem:

ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database /tmp/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/bin/e2emappingdb.
    at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.privGetJBMSLockOnDB(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.run(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.getJBMSLockOnDB(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.boot(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown
Source)

I am shure that there is no other instance of Derby using the DB, I use the
same set of prepared Statements all the time (all from the same
connection).

What am I doing wrong? The application runs in Tomcat, but as I said,
the class holding my statements
(call it persistence-Layer) is a singleton, its getInstance()-Method is
synchronized and the returned instance
is always the same...

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Posted by Suresh Thalamati <su...@gmail.com>.
There was one bug in this area ( Derby-32) in the first  version of
Derby (10.0 I think). What is the Derby version and the OS  are you
using ?

Other than that bug, this error occurs only when some one boots derby
db through multiple jvms/different class loaders in the same jvm at
the same time.

Thanks
-suresht