Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net> on 2000/09/03 22:24:10 UTC

Re: Authentication for soap requests

I started working on this. I will be posting the 1st beta version later today
to the soap-dev list as an update to soap2_0 for SSL extensions, called
SecureSoap. In the future I am planning to provide client authentication and
ACLs on the server using PKI. When the extensions are completed then you will
be able to exchange securely soap messages and the server will be able to
authenticate you based on your DN from your client certificate. Sever
extensions will use your DN to control access based on your 'rights' assigned
via a mangement tool.