Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/08/22 23:17:41 UTC

log4j 1.2.12rc4 missing JMX support

log4j1.1.12rc4 was missing the org.apache.log4j.jmx package due to a
misconfigured location for jmxtools.jar in build.properties.sample.
I fixed build.properties.sample and added a checks to the release
target for missing classes due to missing prerequisites.

With the exception of the timestamps in the Javadoc, the log4j build
does appear to be repeatable.  I was able to delete the logging-log4j
and logging-site directories, rerun the build script and do a
difference between the unzipped distributions images and the only
difference were the timestamps in the Javadoc.  I didn't see an easy
way to disable the timestamps.  I did not attempt it on another
machine, but it would be interesting to see if a similar configured
machine produces identical bytecode, etc.

I've done a little exploration to see if I could come close to
reproducing log4j 1.2.9.  As previously mentioned, the distribution
contains LF5 documentation that does not appear to be produced by
build.xml.  Reproducing the class files has had mixed results with
some identical and some not.  I have not attempted the comparison
with JDK 1.2 or 1.4 javac's to see how they fare in reproducing the
class files.