Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Christopher Rudd <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/21 12:51:42 UTC

DBCP - Hanging problem.

I am using DBCP with Oracle 10g and Tomcat 5

Normally it works fine, but intermittently when trying to get a
database connection, the web app will just hang.  When this happens,
the only resolution is to restart Tomcat.  Looking in V$SESSION shows
only 3 or 4 open sessions for the app (the max is > 100).  These
sessions look valid here, but for some reason it seems DBCP/Tomcat
can't reach them.  They sit until I restart Tomcat with their idle
timers ticking upwards forever.

 I can find no errors in any log files, and am at a loss to how I can
trace this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.