Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Java_James <ja...@rogers.com> on 2008/04/09 20:48:24 UTC

Communicating between Axis 1 and Axis 2

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of porting a web service from dot-net to java.

The client communicating with this web-service is a java web application
currently running on Geronimo 1.  It is using Axis 1 Version 1.2

We are currently involved in moving to Geronimo 2.

I have a few questions on the topic.

1. Has anyone gotten Axis1 running on Geronimo 2? (I have had no luck with
this)

2. Can a Axis1 client communicate with an Axis2 Webservice without having to
change?  I'm in the process of building the Web Service with Axis2, but I
notice it is very different from Axis 1.  Im worried that the client would
have to change.

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Communicating between Axis 1 and Axis 2

Posted by Tony Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
I'm currently working on moving from Axis1 to Axis2. The client application
we use is built on Python. Client changes are inevitable in my case, though
they are minimum.