Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ma...@eni.it on 2003/10/01 16:59:39 UTC

Deploying web app (.ear = .jar + .war) under Weblogic with Struts

Hello everyone,

this looks pretty like the mail posted by Navneet Saraogi a couple of
months ago.

I am trying to deploy a .ear application under Bea Weblogic 7.0 using
Struts 1.1.

What happens (funny) is that if I deploy my webapp.war (containing the web
module and Struts library) and webapp.jar (containing ejbs) at the same
time, everything works properly and the web application integrates happily
with ejbs.

But if I merge the two files into a .ear, it deploys correctly, but when I
launch the application I get the following error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

since apparently it isn't able to find the path to the library struts.jar,
and of course the application does not work.

Our directory structure is apparently the correct one, and that is:

             theEar.ear
             |-- META-INF
             |-- theEjb.jar
             |-- theWar.war

inside the .ear I have a META-INF directory with application.xml that looks
like this:

<application>
  <display-name>webapp</display-name>
  <description>webapp</description>

  <module>
    <ejb>webapp.jar</ejb>
  </module>

  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>webapp.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>webapp</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>

and the file struts.jar is inside the webapp.war file at the path
\WEB-INF\lib, while the other developed classes are at the path
\WEB-INF\classes.

I also tried inserting Class-Path: webapp.jar inside \META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
in the webapp.war file, to make it see the ejbs, but it still does not
work.

Anyone has any idea of what I am missing ?

Thank you,
Marco Piana
Rome, Italy.