Posted to general@james.apache.org by Steve Brewin <sb...@synsys.com> on 2004/02/06 17:44:50 UTC

RE: James SVN (was RE: Sieve needs a home!)

OK, jSieve now has a home as a sub-project of James stored in SVN.

The sub-project lives at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve/
and the 'HEAD' is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/trunk.

You will notice there is no version history prior to the initial import into
SVN. The short version of why is that Eclipse and WinCVS had a silent
falling out when the packages were renamed org.apache.sieve >
org.apache.jsieve. I could have rebuilt from backups and re-applied all of
the changes, but life is too short!

I've also added https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/trunk, ../branches
and ../tags for anything we want to manage at James project root level.

James server could live here, though personally I would prefer
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/, ../site, etc. It is easy to
move things around in SVN so we aren't committed to anything.

If I get a moment (ha!), I will add some notes on SVN to the Wiki.

Thanks to everyone that helped us get this far.

-- Steve

Re: James SVN (was RE: Sieve needs a home!)

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>>You mean http://wiki.apache.org/james, right?
>
>>If that's the case, we need to change the links on
>
> http://james.apache.org.
>
> I thought I had.  Fixing it now.  There is formatting cleanup to do on the
> new site, but at least everything had been copied over.

Cool, thanks!  I look forward to learning the new wiki system.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

RE: James SVN (was RE: Sieve needs a home!)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > You mean http://wiki.apache.org/james, right?

> If that's the case, we need to change the links on
http://james.apache.org.

I thought I had.  Fixing it now.  There is formatting cleanup to do on the
new site, but at least everything had been copied over.

	--- Noel

Re: James SVN (was RE: Sieve needs a home!)

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> James server could live here, though personally I would prefer
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/, ../site, etc.

Yes.  Each versionable component gets its own
/releasable/[branches|tags|trunk] structure under PROJECT/.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Steve Brewin wrote:
> OK, jSieve now has a home as a sub-project of James stored in SVN.

Great stuff!  Thanks for contributing this and being our SVN guinea pig.

> James server could live here, though personally I would prefer
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/, ../site, etc. It is easy to
> move things around in SVN so we aren't committed to anything.

I prefer .../asf/james/server, .../asf/james/site, etc.. as well.

> If I get a moment (ha!), I will add some notes on SVN to the Wiki.

Great, thanks!

--
Serge Knystautas
President