Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dylan van Iersel <dy...@van-iersel.org> on 2002/09/10 22:11:58 UTC

Re: [Announce] [New Extension] ApplicationResources.properties from Database

Cool!! This was something I was planning on doing myself but didn't find
the time for it. I was thinking we can put the tiles definitions,
templates, layouts whatever in a database as well and have it
dynamically changed, on the fly as were.

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 21:05, James Mitchell wrote:

    For anyone interested, I have finished implementing DBMessageResources
    which allows you to keep the key-value pairs (from your
    ApplicationResources.properties) in a single database table.

    You can load your property files into a table (generic schema is provided)
    and with this extension, by only modifying <message-resources> in the
    struts-config.xml your application will run WITHOUT ANY code changes. (See
    the readme.txt file included)

    This extension uses OJB (http://jakarta.apache.org/ojb) O/R mapping for
    database configuration and connection pool management.

    I have included a modified version of the (1.1b2) struts-example to
    demonstrate.

    I have tested this with Struts 1.1b2, and I'm sure it will work with 1.1b1
    (If anyone requires a 1.0.x compatible, I can look at that also)

    I will get this project available as soon as I work through some cvs issues
    on sf.net:

    If anyone is REALLY itching to get their hands on it sooner, send me a
    email.

    For those who were waiting, thanks for your patience.

    James Mitchell
    Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
    Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
    http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

Groeten,

Dylan

Dylan van Iersel