Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by userlite <do...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/30 03:01:03 UTC

Creating index using indexes

Hi,

  I used nutch crawl command to crawl my local filesystem. The crawl crashed
at the end - out of space error. Currently, the readdb -stats shows correct
number of files. Also, directories crawldb, linkdb, indexes and segments are
present. However the "index" directory is not there.

How can I create "index" ? I tried the nutch merge command to create index
using the indexes directory (which contains a single part-00000 directory),
but it fails giving "IndexMerger: java.io.IOException: read past EOF" .

Re: How to create index using indexes ?

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:01 AM, userlite <do...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I used nutch crawl command to crawl my local filesystem. The crawl crashed
> at the end - out of space error. Currently, the readdb -stats shows correct
> number of files. Also, directories crawldb, linkdb, indexes and segments are
> present. However the "index" directory is not there.
>
> How can I create "index" ? I tried the nutch merge command to create index
> using the indexes directory (which contains a single part-00000 directory),
> but it fails giving "IndexMerger: java.io.IOException: read past EOF" .

You can try indexing again:

Doğacan Güney