Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Iain Flynn <fl...@cs.man.ac.uk> on 2011/02/23 02:16:55 UTC

Creating a project with Isis?

Hello again,

Since last time I've been playing around with Eclipse (Helios) to try and get started on making a project using Isis.

I tried importing (with Maven) using the example applications, but when I try to run the viewers in the 'claims' app for example, I get an error message as follows:

"Launch configuration prototype_quickrun_dnd references non-existing project org.apache.isis.examples.apps.claims-quickrun."

This occurs with other viewers too.

I would be very grateful if someone could maybe give me some pointers on how to get a new project going.

- Iain

Re: Creating a project with Isis?

Posted by Vangjel Stavro <va...@gmail.com>.
Solved it,

The importing part was correct.
The problem was that I was trying to run from
support.quickstart.restful-viewer. I didn't know that the working launch
file had moved.
I tried to run from the examples.apps.claims and it works fine :)

Thanks Dan! ;)

Re: Creating a project with Isis?

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vangjel
Am I right that you are trying to load the quickstart app and not seeing
anything?  If so, that's because I reworked the quickstart app in order
that it can be used to reverse engineer the archetype.

What was previously called support/prototype, with the 4-class claims
application, has now moved to examples/apps/claims.  This should work as
previously; import using Advanced>Name Template=[groupId]:[artifactId],
and the .launch files will tie up with names in the .project files.

The support/prototype itself is no more, and has been replaced by
support/quickstart.

The support/quickstart is a new, very simple 1-class domain (ToDoItem),
BUT, when importing it you should NOT use the Advanced>Name Template;
instead just import with the defaults.  See [1] for a further explanation.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Dan

[1]