Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raymond Jennings III <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/20 23:08:30 UTC

build / install hadoop plugin question

The plugin that is included in the hadoop distribution under src/contrib/eclipse-plugin - how does that get installed as it does not appear to be in a standard plugin format.  Do I have to build it first and if so can you tell me how.  Thanks.  Ray

Re: build / install hadoop plugin question

Posted by z3r0c001 <ce...@gmail.com>.
You need "ant" to build.  There are plethora of tutorials for
installing and setting up ant out there like
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.htm
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.htm

Once you have it setup, go to extracted dir for hadoop using command
prompt/shell and run "ant eclipse"

And to see more build options "ant -p"

-d

Posted by Raymond Jennings III <ra...@yahoo.com>.