Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/25 16:59:59 UTC

Trouble with while controller

Hi,

I'm using JMeter 2.3.2 on WinXP.  I want to setup a while controller that
exits if the first child request within it is able to match a regular
expression.  So here's my while controller in the test plan

http://screencast.com/t/WrN7lD1K

and here's the regular expression extractor that I use to get the while
variable

http://screencast.com/t/ZNzYqR9Ir

but even though the value is being matched, the loop continues to the next
child request.  Could someone tell me where my logic is going wrong?

Thanks, - Dave

Re: Trouble with while controller

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.
We're almost there, bear with me.  I added a debug sampler as a child of my
while controller and also added a View Results tree as a child of my while
controller

http://screencast.com/t/Q0RpYj22Om0

The documentation says of the debug variables, "The values can be seen in
the View Results Tree  Listener Response Data pane", but when I look at the
response data in my View results tree all I see is the HTML response sent
for the request.  Where is the while variable?

Thanks, - Dave

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.
Everything worked out.  Thanks for the programming analogy.  My while logic
was flawed.

Also, never figured out that debug sampler stuff but that dummy HTTP request
idea was gold.  I realized my RegExp was malformed.

 - Dave

Federico Ferrara wrote:

> You should use the Debug Sampler with the JMeter Variables option in true.
>
> What I saw in your test plan, is that the second node of the cycle is
> executed even if the while variable is in false.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

RE: Trouble with while controller

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Federico,

Posted by Federico Ferrara <ff...@pragmaconsultores.com>.
You should use the Debug Sampler with the JMeter Variables option in true.

What I saw in your test plan, is that the second node of the cycle is executed even if the while variable is in false.

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.
Oops, that's true.