Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jones <da...@murieston.com> on 2009/12/12 05:33:27 UTC

T5 - Bug in AJAX Functionality

Explanation:

- Form inside Zone component
- Loop component inside the Form containing Checkboxes.
- Form submits via AJAX
- Event handler returns a MultiZoneUpdate to update 2 Zones, one of these is
the Zone that contains the form, the other is an order summary panel which
has ActionLinks to remove items from the order.

Both Zones update fine, except the ActionLinks in the summary panel now have
a strange id: rather than removeItem, it looks something like
removeItem_8oc83 and clicking on them does not trigger the request as
expected (i'm assuming this is because the id has this extra string appended
to it).

Some things to note:
This only happens with the CheckBox component (it works fine with Radio and
Select in a loop)
I've tested with a volatile and non-volatile loop and this doesn't make any
difference.

I've managed to work around this but I thought I would post.

Cheers,
Daniel