Posted to oro-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/05/02 01:36:26 UTC

upcoming work

I've found myself with more free time, so I'm going to put together a
list of features that need to be implemented on the road to Perl 5.6
compatibility for the org.apache.oro.text.regex package as well as
other items such as unit tests (didn't someone volunteer to develop
some?), a user manual (I can provide the old OROMatcher 1.0 guide as
a starting point), updated web pages with project status/progress
reports, etc.  Then it's ask for volunteers and divvy up the work :)

I'd like to be the principal committer for the .regex package, but
as more code patches come in I'd like to nominate others.  It would
also be nice if someone with an interest could work on some of
the stuff in the other packages, such as improving the pattern cache
stuff and maybe adding some higher level functionality to the .text
package, such as generic pattern-based tokenizers.  At the same time,
the stuff is pretty stable which is why we've been stuck in a bit of
a rut.  People seem to find that the stuff does what they need.

As an aside, does anyone want to add regex support to the grep command
in the JXTA shell (www.jxta.org)? :)

daniel

Re: upcoming work

Posted by "Mark F. Murphy" <ma...@tyrell.com>.
At 7:36 PM -0400 5/1/01, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
>I've found myself with more free time, so I'm going to put together a
>list of features that need to be implemented on the road to Perl 5.6
>compatibility for the org.apache.oro.text.regex package as well as
>other items such as unit tests (didn't someone volunteer to develop
>some?), a user manual (I can provide the old OROMatcher 1.0 guide as
>a starting point), updated web pages with project status/progress
>reports, etc.  Then it's ask for volunteers and divvy up the work :)

I'm up for helping out if I can.

mark

  Mark F. Murphy, Director Software Development   <ma...@tyrell.com>
  Tyrell Software Corp                            <http://www.tyrell.com>