Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ferran Parra <fe...@mubimedia.com> on 2003/05/26 11:37:20 UTC

manually decomposed m:n associations

Hello to all,

I have a manually decomposed association m:n, like the "person, role,
project" example in the "Advanced O/R" tutorial. In the table which
corresponds to the object "role" new rows are inserted and the rows are
updated correctly, but if, for example, before updating I had 5 rows
associated, and afterwards only 3, it never deletes the 2 rows left over,
which are no longer associated! In fact, if I do an update that
un-associates ALL 5 rows, it doesn't delete either! Whereas there should be
0 rows associated after the update, there are still 5 !?!

What could I be doing wrong? What could be the reason for this (seemingly)
strange behavior?

Thanks in advance,
ferranito

Ferran Parra