Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/12/14 18:23:59 UTC

workeffort priority as an enumeration rather than a number?

Hi.

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but would it be better to change
WorkEffort.priority from a number to an Enumeration?  It seems that it
would be more consistent with the rest of our data model.

Si

Re: workeffort priority as an enumeration rather than a number?

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
David E Jones wrote:

> Si,
>
> Could you explain what you mean by this?
>
> I agree with consistent implementation for consistent requirements,
> but what else in the system is like a priority and uses an enumId
> field instead of a number?
>
> -David
>

> On Dec 14, 2006, at 10:23 AM, Si Chen wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Perhaps this has been discussed before, but would it be better to
>> change WorkEffort.priority from a number to an Enumeration?  It seems
>> that it would be more consistent with the rest of our data model.
>>
>> Si

Nothing that specific, I just meant usually we don't use a number for
status codes, etc.  Also it is kind of difficult to know whether 1 is
higher priority than 9 in a purely numeric
 way.  Was there a reason to use a number here?  Are you opposed to
changing it or adding a priorityEnumerationId which FK's on Enumeration?

Re: workeffort priority as an enumeration rather than a number?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Si,