Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Hal Arnold <ha...@cj.com> on 2003/12/01 20:49:53 UTC

RE: Changing object properties outside the transaction ...

Not to be a prig, but the term "value object" has a specific meaning and is not the same as a data transfer object. This confusion has been amended in the J2EE patterns book (Alur/Malks/Crupi) in the second edition because of all the confusion it caused.

see:
http://martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/valueObject.html

Posted by Philippe Hacquin <ha...@wanadoo.fr>.
I was not aware of the paternity of Fowler's value object pattern ;-)
I do understand now why Sun's figures still reference value objects in
the description of the transfer object.
Looks like I'm a too much Sun-centric reader...
Thanks anyway for the tip!