Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Michael Allman <ms...@allman.ms> on 2010/07/20 07:53:38 UTC

SerializationException loading a dictionary

Hi,

Why does the WTKXSerializer throw an exception if the component is an
instance of the Dictionary interface and has static setters?  I have a
Component class that implements Dictionary and I can't load instances of
it.  I'm just going to disable the check for now.

Cheers,

Michael

Re: SerializationException loading a dictionary

Posted by Michael Allman <ms...@allman.ms>.
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Greg Brown wrote:

> That check has been eliminated in 2.0. But I don't recommend
> implementing Dictionary in your Component subclass. That will cause all
> BXML attributes to be processed via the dictionary methods rather than
> BeanAdapter. OTOH, maybe that is the behavior you want.

Not really.  I want to use a custom adapter, but I didn't want to go
mucking around in the serializer.  Implementing Dictionary seemed like the
path of least resistance.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.