Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/06 00:13:36 UTC

Re: [Discuss] CloudStack Collab Summit 2013

The best laid plans.....

I heard back from our EMEA contingent for the Collab Summit and their
conference planners think that the the spring might be too aggressive to
but on the European event.

The conference folks that organized ApacheCon (The Open Bastion) tell me
that they are available to organize the North American event this spring
and have a venue available on June 23 through 25 in Silicon Valley for 500
people. I think that we can make that happen.

Then we can give the European folks enough time to plan an event in the
fall in Amersterdam.

Please let me know if you have any objections time is ticking and I think
as agreed it would be good to have two events so not everyone has to
travel so far.

Regards, Mark

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 6, 2013, at 9:06 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 06:13:36PM -0500, Mark Hinkle wrote:
>> The best laid plans.....
>>
>> I heard back from our EMEA contingent for the Collab Summit and their
>> conference planners think that the the spring might be too aggressive to
>> but on the European event.
>>
>> The conference folks that organized ApacheCon (The Open Bastion) tell me
>> that they are available to organize the North American event this spring
>> and have a venue available on June 23 through 25 in Silicon Valley for 500
>> people. I think that we can make that happen.
>>
>> Then we can give the European folks enough time to plan an event in the
>> fall in Amersterdam.
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any objections time is ticking and I think
>> as agreed it would be good to have two events so not everyone has to
>> travel so far.
>>
>> Regards, Mark
>
> I think we should go for it as you propose.  NA summit in the June, and
> an EU one for the fall.

+1

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.