Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by To...@deutsche-boerse.com on 2011/02/02 15:31:16 UTC

Federation setup & queue limit exceeded

Hi all,

I have set up a federation between two brokers. On one broker I have
created a queue with following command:
          qpid-config -a user/passwd@host:12345 add queue reject_test
--max-queue-size 100000 --max-queue-count 100 --limit-policy reject
After sending more than 100 messages without reading them and purging the
queue link seems to become inactive and only recreation of the route
helps.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there a way to find out whether the
connection is still alive and working?

Thanks,
Tomas

Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o.
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführung:
Michael Gassmann, Mats Andersson.
Limited liability company with registered office at
Vladislavova 1390/17, postal code: 110 00 Prague 1,
recorded in the Commercial Register IC: 275 77 015.
Maintained by the city court in Prague,
Sec. C, File No. 116874.
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

Re: Federation setup & queue limit exceeded

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/02/2011 02:31 PM, Tomas.Soltys@deutsche-boerse.com wrote:
> I have set up a federation between two brokers. On one broker I have
> created a queue with following command:
>            qpid-config -a user/passwd@host:12345 add queue reject_test
> --max-queue-size 100000 --max-queue-count 100 --limit-policy reject
> After sending more than 100 messages without reading them and purging the
> queue link seems to become inactive and only recreation of the route
> helps.

The messages are sent down that link *to* the queue with the policy as
defined above?

> Is this normal behaviour?

It sounds like a bug to me. Can you create a Jira?

> Is there a way to find out whether the
> connection is still alive and working?

You can use qpid-tool to list the status of the link.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org