Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by sahan kanuwana <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/07 06:18:52 UTC

Technical Help for installing maven for Geronimo in UBUNTU machine

I installed Geronimo 1 in my "ubuntu" machine. its working properly.
 But i couldnt install maven for Geronimo.

 I downloaded maven 1.0.2 and extracted it. then i set MAVEN_HOME and PATH variables. But when i type "maven" in command prompt it gives

 "Permission Denied"  Error

 Pls send me the some instuctions to install maven  properly.

 thanks

 Regards,
 sahan

---------------------------------

Re: Technical Help for installing maven for Geronimo in UBUNTU machine

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/7, sahan kanuwana <ka...@yahoo.com>:
> I installed Geronimo 1 in my "ubuntu" machine. its working properly.
>  But i couldnt install maven for Geronimo.
>
>  I downloaded maven 1.0.2 and extracted it. then i set MAVEN_HOME and PATH
> variables. But when i type "maven" in command prompt it gives
>
>  "Permission Denied"  Error
>
>  Pls send me the some instuctions to install maven  properly.

Hi,

It has nothing to do with Geronimo, but with Unix itself. Please
follow Maven installation instruction, which I'm sure mentions about
chmod +x.

>  sahan

Jacek

--