Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/07/23 00:59:02 UTC

Testing before committing - big issue

Over the last 2 days, I have struggled with updating the build and
finding out that it breaks when I recompile.

The issue here is I am working in Tomcat, and I do a "maven -o tomcat"
in assembly to do integration testing.  3 times in the last 2 days, I
find it breaks.  The assembly build is fine for Jetty, but breaks under
Tomcat.

So I am appealing to the masses, please test the assembly with "maven -o
tomcat" to see that it at least builds if you are touching code that
affects any deployment, webservices, security, or web.  Sorry about
this, but I am getting very frustrated.

Here is today's issue...if its not fixed in the next few hours, I will
open a JIRA issue:

     [java] 16:52:03,566 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Loaded
Configuration geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer"
     [java] 16:52:04,135 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while
starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
objectName="geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer""
     [java] org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Could not load reference proxy interface class:GBeanInstance:
org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer, Reference Name:
WebServiceContainer, Reference Type: null, Proxy Type: null
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.AbstractGBeanReference.<init>(AbstractGBeanReference.java:116)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanSingleReference.<init>(GBeanSingleReference.java:51)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:244)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:196)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.doStart(Configuration.java:283)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:862)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:328)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:111)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:133)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:511)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:207)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.startKernel(CommandLine.java:129)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection$KernelWrapper.start(ServerConnection.java:273)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.initializeKernel(ServerConnection.java:158)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.<init>(ServerConnection.java:149)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:111)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.main(DeployTool.java:255)
     [java]     Error: Unable to connect to local deployer service
     [java]
     [java] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Operations can only be
invoke while the GBean is running:
geronimo.deployer:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer,J2EEServer=deployer,j2eeType=Deployer,name=Deployer
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:764)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:177)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection$KernelWrapper.invoke(ServerConnection.java:265)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.invokeOfflineDeployer(ServerConnection.java:248)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandPackage.execute(CommandPackage.java:142)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:113)
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.main(DeployTool.java:255)
     [java] 16:52:04,232 INFO  [Configuration] Stopping configuration
org/apache/geronimo/DeployerSystem
     [java] 16:52:04,405 INFO  [BasicKernel] Starting kernel shutdown
     [java] 16:52:04,406 INFO  [BasicKernel] Kernel shutdown complete

Re: Testing before committing - big issue

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
I fixed this one.

Unfortunately I can pretty much promise that unless the build is
completely automated I will forget steps a lot of the time.  However I
will try to remember to check this more often.

thanks
david jencks