Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2010/12/13 17:03:03 UTC

Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:

	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha

Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
vote.

tia.

Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

Posted by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>.
On Mon. 2010-12-13 at 11:03 AM EST, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha
>
> Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
> vote.

Looks okay on Mac 10.6.4 built 32-bit.

64-bit still has %ld problems, but that's not a regression.

Dan

Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 13.12.2010 17:03, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha
>
> Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
> vote.

Looks good to me, tried build on Solaris and Linux and test framework
Solaris.

Minor glitch (cosmetic), which is not a problem for building or running
is the inclusion of some empty ssl_expr files which are generated by the
roll script (Timestamp touching). I found those by checking for only the
usual differences between svn and tarballs.

I fixed the roll script for the future, at least I hope I fixed it (no
opportunity to actually test it).

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 12/13/2010 10:03 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha
>
> Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
> vote.

Can you quickly explain what a "pretest tarball" is?

If this is vetting roll.sh/release.sh, that makes sense, simple changes to
either can be made and the results of the re-polished tarball voted on and
released.  This is not dissimilar to my asking for review of stupid mistakes
that might occur extracting .mak files for a -win32-src.zip file, or some
broken binary build of any platform.

But if this is "should we vote on 2.3.10" that ship sailed... and it seems
redundant to ask users to vote to vote here.  If it's svn source at fault,
going down as a broken version is an honorable death, and we move on to .11.

Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Monday 13 December 2010, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha
>
> Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
> vote.
>
> tia.

Looks good on Debian Linux:
It compiles ok and passes the test suite, both with included and with
system apr.

Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....

Posted by "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com>.
If the vote were to be held today I would +1 it.
Built on VC6 XP & VC9 Vista in x86 and VC9 on 2008 R2 in x64
Tested in various degrees with all the above and one live on x86 XP for
over 24 hours now.

Cheers,

Gregg

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.