Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2016/04/06 23:18:50 UTC

Incubator Status Updates

As a community I think we need to do a better job about keeping Quarks' incubator status up to date:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/quarks.html

E.g. if an item is completed it should have date, if it is in progress/planned it should have an issue number.

See

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
and

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html#Edit+your+project+status+page

Dan.

Re: Incubator Status Updates

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you have a list of all the 3rd parties and the licences you found?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> Here's what I found in my initial search, that seemed to have potential
for license or notice updates.

iot-java Jar
Paho MQTT Client Jar
Jetty Jars
servlet-api-3.1.jar
Apache Commons Math
Commons Codec sources
Apache HttpCore
Apache Commons Lang
Joda-Time

Metrics
SLF4J
Scala

Re: Incubator Status Updates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I’ll update the page later today unless some beats me to it.

> Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist. Please
> follow the guide to ensure a suitable project/product name.
> <http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html> - In process under
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-98.

Thanks for that.

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:

> As a community I think we need to do a better job about keeping Quarks'
> incubator status up to date:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/quarks.html
>
> E.g. if an item is completed it should have date, if it is in
> progress/planned it should have an issue number.
>
> See
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> and
>

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html#Edit+your+project+status+page
>
> Dan.

I'm not sure that I have the right privilege or if it is appropriate for me
to update that status page as I am not a committer or mentor. I thought I
would summarize things I have been working on so that someone can update
the page.

Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist. Please
follow the guide to ensure a suitable project/product name.
<http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html> - In process under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-98.

Regarding the section on "Verify Distribution Rights".  Under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUARKS-34, I contributed the IBM
copyright information to the Notices file and it was committed.  I reviewed
all of the 3rd part code in the repository and all is either an Apache
license or an approved license.  I have not yet updated the license/notices
files for those 3rd party packages that need it.

Kathy