Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Dorai, Harish (c)" <Ha...@tvratings.com> on 2001/02/23 20:53:45 UTC

exception while using form tags

I was coding a small logon application using the ActionServlet and the form
tags. I am getting the following exception, when I try to access my web
application. Can anyone help me locate the problem? I am new to Struts.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
ActionFormBeans co
llection
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:686)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:441)
        at jsp_servlet._logon._jspService(_logon.java:91)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:208)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:244)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1127)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1529)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Re: exception while using form tags

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Maya Muchnik wrote:

> Go to http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/ and search
> for installation, struts.jar and so on. I think, you have a wrong location
> struts.jar file and / or CLASSPATH. Install struts-example.war and try it.
> Compare with your application.

Another possible cause for this is if you did not include <load-on-startup> in
the web.xml file definition of the controller servlet.  If you don't load the
servlet at startup time, and the first request you enter goes to a JSP page (as
is likely for a login page), the application data created by the controller
servlet at startup time will not be available yet.

There are other Weblogic-specific issues that depend on which version of Weblogic
you are using -- check the installation documentation on the Struts web site for
more details.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts

Craig

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.