Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cheryl Redmond <Ch...@HOSystems.com> on 2002/08/12 20:30:19 UTC

Configuring FOP

Does anyone know where I can specify the location of the correct Java Runtime Environment? Please refer to the following error message.  (Running Windows XP)

Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.3', but '1.4' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

Cheryl L. Redmond
VeriSign, Inc.
912-527-4164

Re: Configuring FOP

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Cheryl Redmond wrote:
> Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
> has value '1.3', but '1.4' is required.
> Error: could not find java.dll
> Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

It seems you have a screwed up JDK/JRE installation. Login
as administrator (or your default XP account), uninstall
JDK1.4 (or JRE 1.4) and install it again.

Requests like this are not very appropriate for this list,
this is for FOP specific questions, not for getting Java
running in general. Ask somewhere where JDK and/or XP
issues are dealt with.

J.Pietschmann