Posted to odf-users@incubator.apache.org by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/09 11:18:13 UTC

BoFs on office document formats at the Apache Conference Europe

I plan to initiate a Birds-of-a-Feather session (BoFs) at the upcoming
Apache Conference Europe (Sevilla, Spain November 16-18)
<http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe> on
office document formats.

It would be a good opportunity to meet interested parties of office
document formats in person. Especially I am interested to meet up with
members of the Apache POI project people to

   1. Discuss a potential merger with our incubating project (we come to
   them), combining all office formats in a single Apache project, ending
   finally our incubating status.
   2. Give a quick presentation on the introduction of the ODF Toolkit,
   while some POI people could do so similar.
   3. Talk about advanced document collaboration and how they might go a
   similar ways, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-441
   I could give a quick presentation as well.

I have not contacted anyone from POI, yet. I know it is a little late as
today is the last submission day, but the details of the BOFs might be
arranged still shortly before the session or we vote during the session.

Any instant comments or suggestions, before I contact the POI people?

Cheers,
Svante

ᐧ

Re: BoFs on office document formats at the Apache Conference Europe

Posted by Richard <Ed...@gmail.com>.

Am 09.09.2016 um 13:18 schrieb Svante Schubert:
> I plan to initiate a Birds-of-a-Feather session (BoFs) at the upcoming
> Apache Conference Europe (Sevilla, Spain November 16-18)
> <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe> on
> office document formats.

Great news! Thanks for all your efforts, Svante. Good luck with the project
and all the other things.

-Richard

Re: BoFs on office document formats at the Apache Conference Europe

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
There were too many proposals so the BoFs was declined.
Nevertheless I will attend the conference and would love to get in contact
with anyone interested in Office formats.

Just contact me directly off list, if you are attending and interested in a
chat.

Kind regards,
Svante

PS: I have added our report to the Wiki -
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2016

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I have written a mail to the POI general mailing list
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-general/201609.mbox/%3CCAHNbw8k2KGi=gRz_PrsC46TLR-H33ZrqY-U+9OcK-t2OgAg=+Q@mail.gmail.com%3E>
and
submitted a BoFs proposal.

Cheers,