Posted to users@camel.apache.org by simafengyun <27...@qq.com> on 2014/06/24 04:26:36 UTC

question about seda component

Hi All,

I have one question about the seda component. there is a parameter
concurrentConsumers. I am confused about it. Sample code as below

        <route id="publishData" autoStartup="true" startupOrder="100">
            <from
uri=&quot;seda:trades?size=1000000&amp;amp;&lt;b>concurrentConsumers=100*"/>
            <to uri="testProcessor"/>
            <to uri="DB?testtable"/>
        </route>

concurrentConsumers=100, does it means it the route publishData will use 100
threads to receive data from the seda?

Re: question about seda component

Posted by simafengyun <27...@qq.com>.
If I use akka-camel to do it , sample code as below.* If I set
concurrentConsumers=100 then Will it stilluse 100 threads to pull messages
off the queue and execute your route in parallel??*

public class AkkaConsumerActor extends UntypedConsumerActor {

	private static final Logger logger = Loggers.getLogger();

	public String getEndpointUri() {
		return "seda:trades?size=1000000&*concurrentConsumers=20*";
	}

	public void onReceive(Object message) {

		logger.info("thread id: " + Thread.currentThread().getId());

	}

}

Re: question about seda component

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
yep, SEDA uses a BlockingQueue and is asynchronous from the producer (the
process that sends to your seda:trades endpoint)...so if you specify
concurrentConsumers=100 then it will use 100 threads to pull messages off
the queue and execute your route in parallel...

simafengyun wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I have one question about the seda component. there is a parameter
> concurrentConsumers. I am confused about it. Sample code as below
>

> <route id="publishData" autoStartup="true" startupOrder="100">
>             &lt;from
> uri=&quot;seda:trades?size=1000000&amp;amp;&lt;b&gt;concurrentConsumers=100
*
> "/>
>
> <to uri="testProcessor"/>
>
> <to uri="DB?testtable"/>
>
> </route>
> concurrentConsumers=100, does it means it the route publishData will use
> 100 threads to receive data from the seda?

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com