Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ke...@sunlife.com on 2003/06/18 04:36:28 UTC

question on java2wsdl and value objects.

I'm using Axis 1.1 rc2. I used ant-java2wsdl to generate wsdl and included
the a java 'value object' that was:

package a.b.c;

import java.util.Calendar;

/**
 * Value Object for the Reservation web service
 */
public class ReservationVO {

      String chairPerson;
      public String getChairPerson() { return chairPerson; }
      public void setChairPerson(String string) { chairPerson = string; }

      String description;
      public String getDescription() { return description; }
      public void setDescription(String string) { description = string; }

      String [] attendees;
      public String[] getAttendees() { return attendees; }
      public void setAttendees(String[] strings) { attendees = strings;}

      Calendar beginTime;
      public Calendar getBeginTime() { return beginTime; }
      public void setBeginTime(Calendar calendar) { beginTime = calendar; }

      boolean coffeeService;
      public boolean isCoffeeService() { return coffeeService;    }
      public void setCoffeeService(boolean b) { coffeeService = b; }

      Calendar endTime;
      public Calendar getEndTime() { return endTime; }
      public void setEndTime(Calendar calendar) { endTime = calendar; }

      int numAttendees;
      public int getNumAttendees() { return numAttendees; }
      public void setNumAttendees(int i) { numAttendees = i; }

}

In the WSDL types section, there was a complexType element generated that
describes the value object. It reads:

<complexType name="ReservationVO">
    <sequence>
        <element name="attendees" nillable="true" type
="impl:ArrayOf_xsd_string"/>
        <element name="beginTime" nillable="true" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
        <element name="chairPerson" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
        <element name="coffeeService" type="xsd:boolean"/>
        <element name="description" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
        <element name="endTime" nillable="true" type="xsd:dateTime"/>
        <element name="numAttendees" type="xsd:int"/>
    </sequence>
</complexType>

question: Any idea why the 'coffeeService' and 'numAttendees' elements
don't have  'nillable="true"' attributes? All the others do, but these two
don't.

RE: question on java2wsdl and value objects.

Posted by Dmitry Babenko <db...@yahoo.com>.
can it be because int and boolean are primitive data types ?