Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Ebersohn, Mr R" <Ru...@nmmu.ac.za> on 2005/04/01 11:05:48 UTC

Using slide to access MS Exchange

Hi my name is Ruan; I am a postgraduate student at the Nelson Mandela
Metropolitan University. I am currently doing a project where I need
access to MS exchange server so to be able to get information about
appointments and tasks of a user in Java. I have just downloaded slide.
I don't know the first place to start and I have been researching this
for days now. It seems Slide is the way to go, can you by any chance
give me any pointers on how to use slide and any documentation for
coding using slide to connect to exchange. I am running an apache server
currently.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mr Ruan Ebersohn

Department of Computer Science and Information Systems

Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University

PO Box 77000

Port Elizabeth 6031

SOUTH AFRICA

Tel.: 27-41-504 2093

Email: ruan.ebersohn@nmmu.ac.za <ma...@nmmu.ac.za>

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof,
is subject to the standard NMMU eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
<http://www.nmmu.ac.za/disclaimer/email.htm>>

RE: Using slide to access MS Exchange

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello Ruan,

 From what I've read in this mailing list, you'll only need to use the
client  wevdav package, but that is not enough because M$ might have added
proprietary extensions on the exchange access, and forbidden the usage of
the standard one. :P

 I believe you should start by looking M$ documentation about webdav
alternate commands (like BPROPFIND or so) to access exchange, and search on
this mailing list history for anything to do with exchange.

 Best regards,

 Miguel Figueiredo

  _____

Email:  <ma...@nmmu.ac.za> ruan.ebersohn@nmmu.ac.za