Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Alec Lebedev <al...@nextpage.com> on 2007/08/13 04:12:22 UTC

alternatives to ID/IDREF

I am using an XSD, which defines references between different types
using ID and IDREF attributes. However, the classes generated by
XmlBeans have getId() methods, which return String type. This makes it
impossible to access XML elements referenced via IDREF-ID relationship
using classes generated by XmlBeans.

Is there an alternative way to define IDREF-ID relationships in XSD so
that classes generated by XmlBeans could provide direct access to the
referenced XML elements?

Thanks.

RE: alternatives to ID/IDREF

Posted by Alec Lebedev <al...@nextpage.com>.
I haven't been able to find a solution for my problem described below.
Could anybody comment on it?

Thanks.