Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/12/17 14:36:02 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 RC0

Hi all in community,
     I give my binding +1 to close the vote for 2.6.3 RC0. With 18 +1s (10 binding), one +0 (non-binding) and no -1s, the vote passes.

Thanks for everyone who tried the release candidate and voted. Thanks Vinod, Sangjin and Steve to provide me advices on release process.

I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.6.3 soon.

Cheers,

Junping
Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
My late +1 (binding)

- Downloaded source tarball
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Compiled and built a single node cluster
- Confirmed commons-collections is upgraded to 3.2.2
- Compiled Hive 1.2.1 and Tez 0.7.0 using Hadoop 2.6.3 pom successfully
- Ran some Hive on Tez/MRv2 queries successfully

Thanks,
Akira

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
My late +1 (binding)

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
My late +1 (binding)

Re: [DISCUSSION] Release Plan for Apache Hadoop 2.6.4

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks a lot, Junping Du, for managing these releases.
Just one minor point:>     -- Before 2.6.4 branch is cut off, new commits coming as fix to 2.6.4 is good to commit/merge to trunk, branch-2 and branch-2.6.
I just want to remind everyone to not forget to also merge changes into branch-2.7 and branch-2.8 as well, when changes are applicable, so we can maintain consistency across those releases as well.
Thanks,-Eric Payne

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira and Eric for the feedback and help here. Our gap between
target commits (http://s.apache.org/JpE) and fixed commits (
http://s.apache.org/vJB) are much smaller now (from 37 to 15) for 2.6.4 in
passed week due to everyone's hard work.
I hope we can reduce the gap to be 0 in the coming week. In the mean while,
the branch out effort for 2.6.4 will wait for vote result of 2.7.2 for the
next step.

Cheers,

Junping

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 6 Jan 2016, at 23:59, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>       Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and good rest in passed weeks.

I got to spend the break cutting a new release of slider after some colleagues vetoed the previous RC. So, mixed.

> Any thoughts? Especially on schedule and list of patches that should be included?

As  a consequence of that little bit of work,

I now have a little ant build file to do most of the drudge work

https://github.com/apache/incubator-slider/blob/branches/branch-0.9/bin/release.xml
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/developing/releasing.html

This includes
 -running the maven tests and builds, with any extra cleanup beyond that which "mvn clean" does
 -validating checksums and signatures of the RC artifacts
 -copying the RC artifacts to the ASF distribution SVN repo, checking it in
 -checking that the RC artifacts can be downloaded, that the current git commit is pushed out and public
 -generating email messages calling for votes, and announcing the results

If you do want to get into making monthly releases, I'd recommend automating everything you can —and using this as the starting place. Generating those email messages turns out to be very convenient.

I'll probably join in with some automation of my publishing of the matching windows binaries to https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils

Re: [DISCUSSION] Release Plan for Apache Hadoop 2.6.4

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for comments, Vinod.
I will cut-off 2.6.4 branch this week after resolving build failure on branch-2.6 which is caused by HADOOP-12715.

Thanks,

Junping
Let’s get 2.6.4 back into focus now that 2.7.2 is done.

In the mean while, I’ll get go dust off 2.8.0 too ..

Thanks
+Vinod

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for comments, Vinod.

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for comments, Vinod.

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for comments, Vinod.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 17 Dec 2015, at 13:36, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all in community,
>     I give my binding +1 to close the vote for 2.6.3 RC0. With 18 +1s (10 binding), one +0 (non-binding) and no -1s, the vote passes.
>
> Thanks for everyone who tried the release candidate and voted. Thanks Vinod, Sangjin and Steve to provide me advices on release process.
>
> I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.6.3 soon.

Thank you for putting in all the effort!

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 RC0

Posted by Akira AJISAKA <aj...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
My late +1 (binding)