Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bala Rajamani <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/30 01:29:57 UTC

WebSphere 6.1 Maven Plugin

Hello,

I would like to create WebSphere 6.1 specific EJBs through Maven. Wondering
is there any specific plug-in is available.?

Any information or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bala.

RE: WebSphere 6.1 Maven Plugin

Posted by Barrett Nuzum <Ba...@Valtech.com>.
Hi Mykel, Bala, and others.

There's two major concerns when it comes to WebSphere -- RMIC and deployment.

Mykel is right that for generating stubs and skeletons, using IBM's tools is easiest.
We've used Peter Pilgrim's approach successfully. It's not pretty but it works.
http://www.jroller.com/page/peter_pilgrim?entry=battling_with_maven_2_integrating <http://www.jroller.com/page/peter_pilgrim?entry=battling_with_maven_2_integrating>

If you don't need the EJBs before deployment, WebSphere can do any required compilation for you.
I think the -deployejb option to AdminApp works fine.

Regarding deployment -- we hacked our own Mojo which is a shallow wrapper around jython scripts that IBM provides as a way to deploy. I hear murmurs of Cargo support (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CARGO-147), but it looks like it's not done yet.

Barrett

::
Barrett Nuzum
Consultant, Skill Development