Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Moore <tm...@blackboard.com> on 2002/09/24 23:34:21 UTC

RE: [SECURITY] Apache Tomcat 4.x JSP source disclosurevulnerability

I'm having a hard time finding many specifics about this exploit. It
sounds like you're forcing the default servlet to serve up the source
page as static content.  Why isn't Velocity vulnerable in the same way?

I'll buy that Velocity is faster than JSP, and certainly can be more
concise and readable.  I haven't seen much about security.  What makes
it more secure than JSP?
Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863

    http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/

Wake up people. Velocity is faster and more secure than JSP will ever
be.

-jon