Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Edmund Urbani <em...@emu.no-ip.org> on 2004/01/21 19:26:34 UTC

file upload troubles

Hi all!

I have got 2 problems with file uploads in Turbine 2.3:

1.
rundata.getParameters().keySet() does not include the keys of submitted
file items.
This used to be different in Turbine 2.1. Was this change intended or is
this a bug?
If it's not a bug - how do I get all the uploaded files, when I do not
know their keys?
do I have to use the FileUpload / UploadService classes?

2.
I get a FileItem using rundata.getParameters().getFileItem("...") even
when the user did NOT
specify a file (at least with Mozilla 1.5, did not try any other
browser...), but instead submitted the
form with an empty file input field. This used to be different in
Turbine 2.1 as well - the
getFileItem(..) method would return null in this case. I changed my
classes to check for
fileItem.getName().equals(""), so I can find out whether the user
actually submitted a file or
not. Is there a better way to do this?

 Edmund

some of my TR.props:
services.UploadService.automatic=true
services.UploadService.repository=tmp
services.UploadService.size.max=52428800
services.UploadService.size.threshold=0