Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2008/02/18 12:41:02 UTC

Please don't top post - (Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))

Can we please avoid the increasing tendency to top-post. It loses the
context of the email and makes it difficult to follow things in the
archives (which is often our documentation).

Ross

Re: Please don't top post - (Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:50 +0100, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> I guess Ross was referring to me. Had to look up "top post"
>> to know that he was referring to excessive quoting.
>
> Hmm, you both doing it. ;)
>
> Top post means (as I understand it) to add your answer to the top and
> the rest of the mails follows as it. The last post of you both had first
> thing your post, not as e.g. this answer where I "answer in context".

Sorry, I got it wrong.
I thought Ross referred to e-mails out of the thread

> The problem is with top post is that if you give an answer one has to
> search the context (rest of the mail) to understand what is going on.

I'll try to improve ;-)
Johannes

--
User Interface Design GmbH, Ludwigsburg (Germany)
Phone/Fax  +49 7141 37700-46/-99, Mobile +49 170 4914567

Offices:
Martin-Luther-Straße 57-59, D-71636 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Strasse 330, D-81825 Muenchen
Friedrichsring 46, D-68161 Mannheim
Hansastraße 7-11, 44137 Dortmund

Legal information according to EHUG:
User Interface Design GmbH; Managing Directors: Dr. Claus Goerner,
Franz Koller; Head office: Ludwigsburg; Commercial register of the
local court of Stuttgart, Germany, HRB 205519

+++
UID auf der CeBit 2008: Erleben Sie User Experience Management!
Stand A20 "UX08" in Halle 9.
http://www.uid.com/cebit2008
+++

Re: Please don't top post - (Re: Decouple fo from skinconf (was Re: svn commit: r618400 ))

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
I guess Ross was referring to me. Had to look up "top post"
to know that he was referring to excessive quoting.

And yes, I did. Was in a hurry and didn't clean up.
Sorry!

Add it to the sentence for merging my branch and temporarily
breaking trunk assuming lazy consensus.

Asche auf mein Haupt
(what ever that is in English),

Ferdinand

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
don't know what you mean (see attachment: Thunderbird gets it right)

and whom ... me?! might be Ferdinand, see below

I believe this is not intentional,
cheers

Johannes

Header bits