Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Laurent Mignon <la...@acsone.eu> on 2017/01/24 16:32:11 UTC

Contribution and authorship

Dear Apache Chemistry Community,

In the past months I've contributed a lot of patches on the python cmislib.
All these patches makes the 'browser binding' usable and  stable on the
trunk of the python library. I'am an active developer in OS communities and
I'm a little bit astonished to see that the authorship is not preserved
when the code from an external contributor is merged into the source tree
of the apache.chemistry project. For me and my company, it's important that
our contributions are officially recognized. How do you recognize the
contributors to the project?
The python cmislib is a central piece of a new AGPL component used to build
an unified view between Odoo and Alfresco: alfodoo (www.alfodoo.org /
https://github.com/acsone/alfodoo/). Therefore we would like to  know if a
new release of this python lib is planned in the near future and if a
roadmap exists.
How can we help to maintain and develop this library in a more dynamic way?

Regards,

Laurent Mignon
*Laurent Mignon*
Senior software engineer

Tel: +352 20 21 10 20 32 <+352%2020%2021%2010%2020%2032>
Fax: +352 20 21 10 21 <+352%2020%2021%2010%2021>
Email: laurent.mignon@acsone.eu

Acsone SA, Succursale de Luxembourg
22, Zone Industrielle
​ ​
​| L-8287 Kehlen, Luxembourg
TVA LU24733605
​ | ​RCS B160400​

​
Acsone sa/nv
Boulevard de la Woluwe 56, b4  Woluwedal
​ | B-1200 Bruxelles - Brussel
RPM Bruxelles 0835.207.216 RPR Brussel

www.acsone.eu

Re: Contribution and authorship

Posted by Jeff Potts <je...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you have contributed many patches, and I really appreciate it. I honestly do not have much time to maintain cmislib so your help has been invaluable.

I think we are close to being able to do a release, which would be wonderful as we have not had a release in quite a long time. We have never had one with the browser binding.

I will identify the outstanding tasks that need to be completed prior to a release and will make sure there are Jiras for each. Unresolved Jira tickets are the closest thing cmislib has to a roadmap.

Jeff