Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ryangr <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 22:27:28 UTC

Action attribute getting set to input content value incorrectly

Sorry for the confusing title...I couldn't think of a more succinct
description.

Basically what is happening is that I have a standard CRUD setup in my app
to manage my own User objects.

When I edit a user and submit the changes back to the Action, the "id"
attribute (just a standard UUID string) gets duplicated when being set.

For example, in the <form> the value of the id input tag shows
"0fb2fb5c-df7e-4497-ab6a-b60a2cfd7c7c" but the ParametersInterceptor is
receiving: "user.id => [
0fb2fb5c-df7e-4497-ab6a-b60a2cfd7c7c0fb2fb5c-df7e-4497-ab6a-b60a2cfd7c7c,
0fb2fb5c-df7e-4497-ab6a-b60a2cfd7c7c ]" according to the devMode logs....it
looks like it is turning into an array with the value concatenated to each
other in position 0 and the value again in position 1.

I've verified the value in the <input> object is correct and the value in
the actual request is correct...no other interceptors fire before the
ParametersInterceptor except the "checkbox" one, so it seems the "params"
interceptor is somehow fubar'ing the data....

Does anyone have ANY clue what might be going on that would cause this?