Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2011/08/07 09:51:01 UTC

showcartitems.ftl: should desired delivery date use renderDateTimeField?

Hi all,

The line in showcartitems.ftl  that presents the desired delivery date
doesn't use the renderDateTimeField macro, so won't be internationalised.
See:

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/entry/cart/showcartitems.ftl?hb=true#to140

Lines 199 and 205 do have the renderDateTimeField.

Is there a good reason for this? I'll submit a Jira issue and patch if not.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Re: showcartitems.ftl: should desired delivery date use renderDateTimeField?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Just some back ground
ofbiz used ftl then move to Widgets.
a lot of the FTL were wrapped in Widgets and still need to be converted
to widgets.
So the effort in FTL's should be only for those that can not be
converted to widgets.

Paul Foxworthy sent the following on 8/11/2011 5:17 AM:

Re: Training on OFBiz -

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I suggest you focus on the DocBook files and modify them with links so
your investment in Training is reduced.

The main Dock file is may be searched through the Web browser then they
can go to the area they are interested in with the link provided.

Since  most people retain about 10% of what the are exposed to and
therefore require repeated exposure to the information, written help
files are the best way to go.
Users are most receptive when they have an interested in learning a
particular thing.

The DocBook files are in the /data/helpdata of the applications and
specialpurpose folders.
in the Framework is /documents folder holds some documents.
There are many help files that need to be written.

you can write these in Open Office Write, then save them as Docbook.xml
files, then modify them to work with ofbiz help.

Venugopal S sent the following on 8/11/2011 7:12 AM:

Training on OFBiz - Sorry for the SPAM

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Paul,

This kind of request comes up with regularity, and I'm going the suggest
the same thing now that I have suggested before: Make the FreeMarker
date-time format configurable and supply a patch to Jira.

I believe it would be a simple matter of modifying FreeMarkerWorker.java
(line 93) to load the format from a properties file, or do nothing if
the property doesn't exist - which would cause FreeMarker to use the
user's locale for date-time formatting.

-Adrian

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Bilgin,

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
renderDateTimeField will render it as html input field, whereas
desired delivery date is only displayed, isn't it?

Bilgin