Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/03/11 01:24:41 UTC

Contributions from Guilhem Légal and Johann Sorel

Hello all

I would like to mention two contributions recently added on the
development branch. I committed the work, but the initial work was
provided by following peoples:

  * Guilhem Légal investigated the issues when using Apache SIS in
    security-constrained environment. He identified a few places where
    the code needed to be executed in an
    AccessController.doPrivileged(...) block and provided a
    security.policy file that can be used as a template by developers
    [1]. The work is not yet completed, but there is enough for allowing
    some basic operations.
  * Johann Sorel is working on NetCDF reader. SIS can use the UCAR
    library, but also has its own reader which gives us more control on
    CRS and metadata parsing. He provided 3 patches [2] which I hope to
    integrate in the next 2 weeks. This will allows SIS to parse at
    least the CRS from NetCDF files in addition to other file formats
    currently supported by SIS (GML and WKT). This work borrows a lot
    from a Johann's independent project [3].

Thanks to both of them for their work!

    Martin

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sis/branches/JDK8/src/main/config/security.policy