Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Peter Guhl <pg...@siconline.ch> on 2005/01/21 10:29:36 UTC

GroupWise-Mails...

Hello

Mails ending in Novell GroupWise don't seem to be useful for sa-learn.
Does somebody have some experience or solutions to that problem? Could
the same POP3-Solution described in "sa-learn with lotus notes" do it's
job here too?

More for GroupWise professionals would be the question how to turn
forwarded spam (forwarding as attachment in GroupWise sends you the
headers too - so far so good...)  into single mails resembling the
original as close as possible...

Regards
    Peter

Re: GroupWise-Mails...

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 04:29 AM 1/21/2005, Peter Guhl wrote:
>Hello
>
>Mails ending in Novell GroupWise don't seem to be useful for sa-learn.
>Does somebody have some experience or solutions to that problem? Could
>the same POP3-Solution described in "sa-learn with lotus notes" do it's
>job here too?
>
>More for GroupWise professionals would be the question how to turn
>forwarded spam (forwarding as attachment in GroupWise sends you the
>headers too - so far so good...)  into single mails resembling the
>original as close as possible...

If you dig around in the groupwise interface you can find an "attachment"
named mime.822.. it's the undadulterated message and that works pretty well.

I believe mime.822 is only visible if you "view" the message using the
right-click menu instead of "open" it.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to get users to be able to
forward that attachment, but without saving it to disk first I've had no
luck, GW seems to be "smart" about it and forwards the grouwise mangled
version.